Here’s the bill:
- No summary judgment for MSPB, at least for now. The GAO is supposed to study the issue and make recommendations.
- The Federal Circuit will not exercise exclusive jurisdiction, at least for two years as an experiment.
- No change to agencies’ burden of proof.
- No district court trials. This too will be studied by the GAO.
- No explicit retroactivity language to provide justice for whistleblower victims of the Bush and Obama Administrations.
- No SSI/CUI agency designation remedy.
- No remedy for expansion of Dep’t of Navy v. Egan to cover non-classified, sensitive positions.
- No new protections to uniformed officers in the health and environmental fields.
- No new protections to national security whistleblowers.
- No remedy for retaliatory revocation of security clearances.