Countdown to WPEA is a new feature to MSPB Watch, which counts down until December 14, 2012, the day the House of Representatives adjourns for the year and the 112th Congress, 2nd Session ends (the Senate has not set an adjournment day). If the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act doesn’t pass by then, the advocacy will have to start over from square one in 2013. This feature monitors the airwaves for any last-minute developments.
As of today, there are 77 days remaining in the legislative session.
New articles about the WPEA, as measured by Google News: 6 relevant, 73 with syndications.
- House clears Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act (Gov Exec)
- House approves federal whistleblower protections (Washington Post)
- House votes to expand whistleblower protections (CBS News)
- House Passes Federal Whistleblower Protections with WPEA (S. 743) (Government Accountability Project)
- House Approves Expanded Federal Whistleblower Protections (Law360)
- House Actually Does Something During Pro Forma (National Journal)