For legislative and other resources on FOIA laws, go here.
Notable FOIA Requests
- MSPB-OCB-2014-000232: A copy of your most recent Form SF-115, DISPOSITION OF FEDERAL RECORDS, that was submitted to NARA, with all attachments thereto, and the most recent version of your Records Disposition Schedules that was approved or authorized by NARA.
- MSPB-OCB-2014-000200: Any records governed by 5 U.S.C. § 1204(1), related to MSPB’s duty to submit ‘any legislative recommendations of the Board relating to any of its functions’ to the President and/or the Congress since January 1, 2012.
- MSPB-OCB-2014-000176: A copy of any policy document or email from the Clerk of the Board or the Chairman or any other policy-making officer concering utilizing referral or consultation procedures for FOIA requests that seek documents originated by other agencies.
- MSPB-OCB-2014-000159: All reports filed with OMB that provide the number and nature of complaints received regarding information disseminated by the MSPB and how the complaints were resolved, as noted in section 8.d. of the Board’s Information Quality Guidelines.
- MSPB-OCB-2014-00151: (Appeal | Status Update #1 | Status Update #2) All complaints filed by the Office of Special Counsel in April 2014.
- MSPB-OCB-2014-000010: FY 2002-2008 end-of-year reports, to the Board Chairman or her designee, summarizing the MSPB IG Hotline and investigative activity for the year. A description of this report is available in Section 17.B. of MSPB Order 1095 (issued on July 12, 2005). I also request the FY 2002-2008 reports to Congress required under Section 8G(h)(2) of the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended.
- MSPB-OCB-2013-000252: FY 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009 end-of-year reports, to the Board Chairman or her designee, summarizing the MSPB IG Hotline and investigative activity for the year. A description of this report is available in Section 17.B. of MSPB Order 1095 (issued on July 12, 2005). I also request the FY 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009 reports to Congress required under Section 8G(h)(2) of the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended.
- MSPB-OCB-2013-000245: A copy of any and all copies of code(s) of ethics that apply to the Board’s administrative judges, administrative law judges (whether hired by the Board or contracted out), and the Board’s members, aside from the standard ethics provisions available at 5 C.F.R. 2635 et. seq. Specifically, but without limiting my general request, I am looking for any judicial or adjudicative codes of ethics that might apply here.
- MSPB-OCB-2013-000201: All documents, including manuals, policy statements, orders, directives, etc. concerning MSPB’s Inspector General functions and how it conducts audits, evaluations, and/or investigations. Additionally, I request all documents concerning MSPB’s treatment of deficient or unsatisfactory performance by its employees. I do not seek the performance standards themselves, but documents showing how MSPB treats conduct that fails to meet performance standards. Finally, I seek all documents showing how MSPB processes complaints against administrative judges.
- MSPB-OCB-2013-000112: All determinations, findings, and/or recommendations submitted by the Office of Special Counsel under 5 U.S.C. 1214(b)(2)(B) and/or (b)(2)(D) since June 2011.
- MSPB FOIA No. 2012-06-017: (Appeal Determination | Attachments) 1. The names, grades, and dates of hire of all Administrative Judges (AJs) and Administrative Law Judges (ALJs) currently employed by the MSPB. 2. The names, grades (if applicable), and dates of first time services have been provided for all AJs and ALJs currently on a contract, agreement, or detail with the MSPB. If such judges are employed by other federal agencies, please provide the names of those agencies. 3. Documents identifying the criteria for appointment, hire, contracting, or detailing with the MSPB for AJ and ALJ positions. 4. The types of cases adjudicated by ALJs for the MSPB for 2002 to the present. 5. The performance standards used to evaluate AJs and ALJs that provide services for the MSPB, whether through direct employment, contract, agreement, or detail. 6. Any documents evidencing discipline of AJs and ALJs who failed to meet MSPB performance standards for 2002 to the present. 7. The number and types of complaints filed against AJs and ALJs and a listing of those judges for 2002 to the present.
- MSPB FOIA No. 2011-11-016: Any records governed by 5 U.S.C. § 1204(l), related to MSPB’s duty to submit “any legislative recommendations of the Board relating to any of its functions” to the President and/or the Congress since 1979.
- OSC FOIA No. FO-13-3596: Index or list of OSC’s directives.
- OSC FOIA No. FO-13-2515: Performance standards for OSC attorneys and investigators.
- OSC FOIA No. FO-14-1194: OSC Directives 4, 5, and 50.